If you want to help the world tackle COVID-19, what should you do? – 80,000 Hours
To tackle the COVID-19 crisis, there are five main things we need to do:
– Research to understand the disease and to develop new treatments and a vaccine.
– Determine the right policies, both for public health and the economic response.
– Increase healthcare capacity, especially for testing, ventilators, personal protective equipment, and critical care.
– Slow the spread through testing & isolating cases, as well as mass advocacy to promote social distancing and other key behaviours, buying us more time to do the above.
– We also need to keep society functioning through the progression of the pandemic.
via: If you want to #help the world tackle COVID-19, what should you do? – 80,000 Hours